Thursday, May 24, 2007

What color of crayon are you?

Okay so this is kind of fun. I was inspired when I was asked the question “What color of crayon are you?” Well, there are so many colors of crayons and it changes from day to day or mood to mood. But I had to find out more about the colors of crayons and I found this wonderful site that names all the crayon colors and shows the colors and then when you click on them it gives you the personality traits of the hue, the hue’s facts, the family it belongs to, the year it was introduced, the box it was introduced into and then shares a “Colorful story” about the hue. So I highly encourage you to go to the site (linked at the bottom of this entry), pick a color that is appealing to you, then read all about that color and see how it fits into your life/current mood. The psychology of colors is a fascinating topic indeed, very insightful.

Today for some reason I picked chestnut, here are my results!

Crayola Crayon - chestnut

Personality Traits for this hue: *earthy* *not at all frivolous* *dislikes showiness* *dependable* *comfortable*

Hue Family: Brown
Year Introduced: 1999
Box Introduced Into: Box of 120

Colorful stories:
I love the autumn weather and brown just seems to state that time of year along with oranges, yellows and deep reds, but you only asked for three of my favorites so I had to leave the others out!
Chestnut, a brown above all browns is beautiful and unique, a way to let people know how you feel. Love is inside of chestnut, and I want to be able to share it! This crayon makes it possible!


Haha, hours of amusement, I’m telling you! I wonder what that says about me... I'll keep sharing my color of the day.

http://www.crayola.com/colorcensus/history/current_120_colors.cfm

P.S. Karen, remember when I texted you and said I was "mountain medow" that day? You should read the profile of mountain medow and then read the text I sent you, I thought it was funny how it reflected the personality traits of that color haha, I love this stuff!

No comments: